The Institute of Agro-product Processing focuses on accelerating the development of agro-product processing through basic research, processing technology, new products R&D, and industrial technology extension.
The Institute currently has six research teams, which are engaged in fruit and vegetable processing, food nutrition and health, animal products processing, food bioengineering, grains and economic crops processing, aquatic products preservation and processing. Our research results are at the forefront of combined drying of fruits and vegetables, flavor control of poultry meat, development of bioactive substances, comprehensive processing of corn, deep processing techniques of grains and economic crops, intensive processing of agricultural products with medicine and food homology, evaluation of food nutritional benefits and biological fermentation, aquatic products preservation and conditioning leisure food processing.
Nutrient composition and bio-active compounds of grain and industry crops; Key processing technology, innovation and quality control of grain and industry crops; Development of grain and industry crops production; Preservation and freshness of grain and industry crops products
Regulation of metabolic pathways of fruit and vegetable nutrients; Fruit and vegetable processing and quality control; Nutritional enhancement and personalized customization of nutrients
The lab has undertaken 110 research projects (subjects), including more than 70 projects at the provincial and ministerial level (subjects); published 262 academic papers (52 included by SCI); 52 national authorized patents and 40 technical standards; won 22 awards including the second prize of Jiangsu Science and Technology Award, second prize of China Agricultural Science and Technology Award and Special Prize of Science and Technology Award of China National Food Industry Association (CNFIA), etc.
1. Nutritious, healthy fruit and vegetable snack food combined drying technology
2. Fresh-eating maize preservation processing industrial technology system
3. Characteristic fresh-eating bean preservation processing industrial technology system
4. Plant-sourced health functional beverage processing technology
5. Whole industry chain key technologies for quality and efficiency improvement of high-end export quick-frozen vegetable
6. Okra deep processing and waste comprehensive utilization technology
7. Aquatic vegetable deep processing and comprehensive utilization technology
8. Taro industrialized preservation processing technology system
9. High-efficiency preparation and targeted application technology of lutein and other functional, active substances in fruits and vegetables
10. Product processing technology of grain fermentation series
11. Key technologies for efficient preservation and deep processing of edible fungi
12. Cordyceps sinensis co-production extraction and steady-state control technology
Meat quality and molecular mechanism, microorganism and safety control during processing; Animal products processing and high-value by-product utilization
The lab has undertaken 110 research projects (subjects), including more than 80 projects (subjects) at the provincial and ministerial level; published 228 academic papers (52 included by SCI); 32 national authorized patents and 18 technical standards; won 9 awards including the third prize of Jiangsu Science and Technology Award and the second prize of China General Chamber of Commerce (CGCC) Business Technology Progress Award, etc.
1. Quality control technology for chilled fresh poultry processing
Food nutrient factor evaluation; Food nutrient homeostasis processing; Intensive processing of agricultural products with medicine and food homology; Precise nutrition compatibility and personalized food customization
Food microbiology and food fermentation; Functional probiotics and postbiotics; Active ingredient extraction and evaluation; Non-thermal sterilization technology; Intensive bio-processing and comprehensive utilization of plant-based products
The team has undertaken 204 research projects (subjects), including more than 70 projects (subjects) above or at the provincial and ministerial level; published 269 academic papers (28 included by SCI); 43 national authorized patents and 18 technical standards; won 12 awards such as the second prize of China Agricultural Science and Technology Award of the Ministry of Agriculture and the third prize of Nanjing Municipal Science and Technology Progress Award, etc.