Jiangsu Academy of Agricultural Sciences (JAAS) is a professional agricultural research and extension institution that has been established since 1932. JAAS ranks at the top of provincial agricultural academies in China in terms of the comprehensive strength in agriculture. JAAS’s headquarter and main research facilities are located in Nanjing, Jiangsu, China.
Currently, there are TWO job vacancies available for applicants both home and abroad: one Director of the Institute of Agricultural Resources and Environment (IARE), and one Director of the Institute of Agricultural Facilities and Equipment (IAFE).
Terms and Conditions
1. Applicants should have a doctor’s degree and a faculty position already beyond the professor level in a university or the equivalent position in a research institution.
2. Applicants should have work and research experiences in relevant areas, i.e., those who apply for Director of IARE should have work and research experiences in agricultural resources and environment, and those who apply for Director of IAFE should have work and research experiences in agricultural facilities and equipment or agricultural facilities engineering technology.
3. Applicants should demonstrate effective leadership abilities, national recognition for research and scholarship, success in attracting extramural funding, and evidence of the vision and ability to lead an institute representing a diverse range of interests.
4. Applicants should have been principal investigator of major national and provincial research projects and won awards in agricultural scientific innovation.
5. Applicants should be in good health and under the age of 45.
6. Exceptionally outstanding applicants will be given a priority.
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive package, including sufficient laboratory space, start-up funding, relocation fee and competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, in addition to a housing allowance, and other employee benefit. Applicants can find more application details in the attachments.
Expiry Date and Contact Information
1. Expiry Date: September 10th, 2013.
2. Contact Information:
Tel: 86-25-84391290, 86-25-84392890
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Address: Foreign Affairs Office, No. 50 Zhongling Street, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, China